The Good Batch Marketing Intern will report directly to the Founder, Chef and CEO, Anna Gordon, and Events and Pastry Director, Katie Legazpi. He or she would collaborate on marketing and communication initiatives through various channels— social media, our website, print material, interior design and community outreach. Researching the NYC bakery industry, analyzing customer behavior and taste testing will be part of the internship as well. Candidate will develop a strong foundation in marketing, retail, WooCommerce, SEO optimization, bakery management and small business logistics.
We would ask for 10-20 hours per week, depending on availability, skill level and status of ongoing projects. This internship is unpaid.
- Work closely with executives in all aspects of marketing and customer outreach
- Collaborate on visual merchandising
- Create report on NYC bakery industry trends
- Design marketing materials for print and online
- Optimize content for SEO
- Help manage social media, promotional campaigns, website content development and newsletter
- Light administrative work
Experience & Qualifications:
- Previous marketing or social media internship experience preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Passionate about food, baking, and small businesses
- Strong understanding of social media platforms and trends
- Ideal qualities: creative thinker, excellent with deadlines, hungry to learn, attentive to detail, passionate, energetic and flexible
- Must have completed or be working towards a bachelor’s degree — marketing, culinary, PR, advertising degrees a plus
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, WordPress, HootSuite. Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator a plus.
- Interest in writing and photography
APPLY: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org