The Good Batch is a Brooklyn-based bakery specializing in cookies and ice cream cookie sandwiches. We are looking for an Area Sales Manager with a strong proven sales background to help launch our grocery line of gourmet ice cream cookie sandwiches. Our ideal candidate is an enthusiastic, self-motivated, anticipatory, and tenacious go-getter with a passion for developing new markets, achieving high growth goals, and providing outstanding customer service. The Area Sales Manager will actively seek and maintain relationships with independent grocers and supermarkets throughout NYC.
- Two years minimum experience with food/beverage items
- Two years minimum experience of being a direct store-to-store sales representative, ideally in the CPG industry
- Some product knowledge entailing knowledge of supermarket buying operations, direct supermarket contacts, & buyer contacts.
- Computer proficient, familiar with CRMs, Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Build mutually beneficial relationships with wholesalers, retailers, and distributor to grow sales and awareness.
- Generate leads/ new accounts with grocery stores/ supermarkets that would be interested in our products
- Sales rep will be going to 15-25 stores a day to take orders from new and existing accounts
- Maintain schedule of steady communication with customers to develop new relationships and improve existing relationships
- Outgoing, lively personality
- Excellent communication skills and great follow-through
- Ability to work alone and collaboratively
- Ability to prioritize effectively and manage multiple accounts (50+ accounts)
- Computer Savvy with strong organizational skills
This is very much a “hit the pavement” type of position. You will be spending most of your time in the field, meeting customers at their stores.
Job Type: Full-time
Starting at: $50,000.00